Wednesday 28 July 2010

Toy Story

A few years ago (1995 )i took my beautiful boy to see the first Toy Story film, we watched in awe at the adventures of Woody, Buzz, Mr Potatoe Head,Slinky and friends.
We learnt that toys must always be looked after because when we sleep at night the toys come to life and get into all sorts of scrapes - the film also touched on issues like jealousy ( Woody became jealous of his owner Andys new toy Buzz Lightyear ) and the importance of family, friendship and loyalty. I had a new baby in this year and was worried -needlessly-that my boy would feel left out and undervalued - NEVER ! He loved this film and loved his Buzz Lightyear model toy very very much.
Today I took my delightful God Daughter Caydince, who is 5years old, to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. I had been sooo looking forward to seeing the film and it didnt fail there were a few new toys for me to meet ( and a few missing ?)but Pixcel did not disappoint - the end of the film made me cry the scene when Andy went off to college and took his precious toys to a lovely little girl to play with and treasure. but it was his mothers sadness at looking at his empty bedroom and knowing that her boy was on a new journey and chapter in his life, the look on her face told a completely new story - that will be me in September when I say goodbye to my boy as he embarks on his new life ............get the tissues ready !

No comments:

Post a Comment