Tuesday 8 June 2010

3 Blondes and a Brunette Tour

In a weeks time I'm going away for 5 days and i am sooo excited. I'm going to the Gard region of France (its next to Provence on the map) and it is absolutely beautiful. My lovely parents live there so it will be great to catch up with them over a few Pastis with my Dad ( an absolutely must have aperitif, which is kind of liquorice flavoured - best served over ice with a dash of water) and a glass or two of very chilled Rose/Chardonnay with my Mum. I will be travelling with three of my dearest blonde friends and they too are really looking forward to a few days away, they will enjoy sampling the local champagneoise (sparkling white wine made in the champagne method ) so i think we will be fairly sober !!
My friends and I feel we really deserve this time away without our menfolk/children/dogs/cats/rabbits etc. and we all have our own reasons : Blonde one and I work together (and work hard we do too) she also has other issues - but its not for me to tell in these ramblings! Blonde two has just been given the all clear from the "BIG C" and has had us all very concerned for months so for her this time out will be brill. Blonde three - just likes holidays ! As for me the only brunette Im tired,frustrated,stressed out and my hip hurts !
On departure we are planning to sleep overnight near the airport as our plane leaves at silly o clock in the morning BUT that means we arrive nice and early in time to visit Local Shops for bread and cheese, Markets for fresh fruit and veg, Vineyards for above list of wines and Sleepy Village Bar - thirsty work that shopping !
We will then no doubt all fall asleep in parents garden! Marvelous !

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget blondish 4 arrives wednesday for hugh 10 year catch up going to be a long night x

    ReplyDelete