Saturday 18 September 2010

2nd Time Lucky

Today I went to Newcastle upon Tyne. I went there because my delicious son is going to University there. Like most mothers up and down the country I was feeling very anxious very tearful and very nervous. Anxious, because you never know do you if all the lessons you have tried to teach them (not speaking to strangers - not walking about on your own - not getting so drunk you cant remember your way home etc. etc.)have sunk in ? Tearful - well of course, he is my boy and I love him way too much and i will miss him sooo much. Nervous, well my lad is quite shy, though he does have a fantastic sense of humour, very dry, but you have to know him to know this. I wish I could have got all his flatmates together and told them how divine he is and to be nice to him and cook for him and clean for him and watch over him, but of course i couldn't! They will just have to learn for themselves that he is wonderful and that once he makes you a friend you are very lucky because amongst his other qualities he is a loyal kind and very generous friend.

I went through all this last year, but sadly My Boy was very ill and had to give up his place at uni therefore this is 2nd time lucky. I hope and pray that he will be safe, make loads of new and wonderful friends, that he will grow in confidence but mostly that he will have loads of fun and be really happy!

1 comment:

  1. Joshy will be fine. He's so lovely that he can't fail to make some wonderful friends. He will come back in a few years fully educated and ready to marry Danielle. Then we can be mothers-in-law together :)

    Seriously - he will have the very best fun - the time of his life. But he will miss his wonderful Mother xxx

    ReplyDelete