Monday 2 August 2010

My Beautiful Big Sister

I am one of four children I have 2 sisters one older and one younger and an older brother. I am very lucky because i really love them all , if they were not my family i would still choose them as my friends.

Whilst growing up i was probably closer to my brother A, who is kind and patient, generous and very loving - I would tag along with him and his friends and thoroughly annoy them all! My elder sister is nearly 10 years older than my younger sister and little sister really adored her big Big sister. A used to take S into town on a Saturday and spoil her with her time ( a very precious commodity )and generally love and help nurture her. I often got jealous of their relationship and used to look on with awe at my two beautiful sisters and wish that i could be more like them and with them.

A used to have THE COOLEST BEDROOM she decorated one wall with a collage of cut out pictures from Jackie magazine and style books, photographs of friends and family, Mary Quant and Twiggy etc. I used to love it when she would let me into this wonderland where i would dream that i could be her. She sometimes let me play with her make up and her bottles and pots of creams and lotions i would leave her room wafting her smells in my wake.

A always had really dishy boyfriends who would drive fast cars and be a little bit naughty - i always fantasised that one day A would be out and they would take me out in their shiny cars and treat me to whatever they were treating her to. One boy i remember used to beep his horn every time he passed our house whatever time of day or night - how i wished those beebs were for me !


A left home at a very young age and went to live with 3 other girls in a fabulous house on the edge of town. Again this was the house i too wanted to live in - to relish in the freedom of coming and going whenever i wanted to have crazy parties and one night stands to drink and dance the night away. All the girls in the house were to me very glamorous but none more so than my sister ! When A left home the only good bit for me was that at last i could have the coveted bedroom... but somehow it had lost its sparkle.


When A got married it was a fairy tale wedding with a beautiful dress (made by our very clever mother) and bridesmaids (little sis being one of them) a handsome groom with ushers in a pretty little village church - everything i had dreamt of ! Unfortunately for the groom the wedding didn't last, he really wasn't right for my beautiful sister.

A little while after the breakdown of her marriage she met W who, luckily for him, became her second husband. W is a lovely guy who works really hard and gives A all she could ever wish for: a wonderful son, a beautiful home, marvelous holidays, holiday homes,a silver sports car, beautiful shiny diamonds and a lifestyle we all dream of having.... well i do .......

BUT last year my Beautiful sister got something I really wish she never got and since last year each and every day I pray to him upstairs to take away the nasty, disgusting,filthy thing that has been bestowed upon her and if he doesn't do it really quickly I'm going to be very angry.This is the one thing I really DON'T want that she has, and I REALLY REALLY DON'T want her to have it either !

SO if anyone does read this please please please pray to God, Buddah , Alla, or whatever/whoever floats your boat, for my Beautiful Sister to get healthy again because ... well just because I LOVE HER .

1 comment:

  1. That has made me cry. Fingers crossed for A that she makes a full and speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete